Books Book Books

There has always been a part of me that has inherently been a massive fan of books. George R. R. Martin wrote “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” And it really could not be more true.
I have always enjoyed reading – the Roald Dahl books were always a hit when I was younger – but I never truly understood the impact reading a book could have until one particular series. Quite predictably it is the Harry Potter books I mean. I was obsessed with them. Still am to a certain degree (that’s a lie, to a complete degree. I know facts about the Harry Potter world that would put hairs on your chest). The intricate way in which J. K. Rowling spun meanings and metaphors through an undeniably fabulous plot is truly remarkable. It is the only book series that I can quite honestly say that I discover something new in them every time I read them.




There is a great escapism in books that I find so incredibly attractive. I have been sat on the underground in London before now (being a tourist in my own country!) watching a grown man read in the middle of the morning commute with tears in his eyes, completely oblivious to the massive crowd of people he was crammed within.
The best of it all is you could read the same book as somebody else and you both have a completely different experience. Books are a total source of intelligence, knowledge, culture and experience.
I read books at a rate of knots so every time I read something that I think you just can’t pass by I will let you know.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic .” Albus Dumbledore.

Comments

Popular Reading