Bakewell Farmers Market

I have come to realise that I blog a lot about food…….I’M NOT SORRY!

With that in mind I’m not going to stop now, in fact I’m going to blog about a whole load of food all at once. Because I can.
Food.

On the last Saturday of every month Derbyshire Dales District Council holds the Bakewell Farmers Market. The market is in Bakewell (obviously) and is an opportunity for you to peruse the wares of local butchers, bakers, and pizza makers.



It is a great place to go, if not for the market then for Bakewell. It is a beautiful place and definitely worth a visit if you are a crafter, foodie, whiskey connoisseur, music lover,……maybe just go, there’s a lot there!


Duck.

Mr M in particular likes to go to the farmers market, mainly for one reason; weird meat. A lot of the butchers at the market sell Zebra, Ostrich, Buffalo, Bison, Crocodile. He has had them all. I’m not so brave with my meat and tend to stick to breads and vegetable stalls. There really is something for everyone here.



















Ostrich Feather Dusters




My favourite stall by far: The pizza stall. Freshly made pizza, made while you wait! Three minutes then perfection!





Our wares for the day:



Mr M's weird meat


Comments

  1. It's fantastic that you are getting thoughts from this piece
    of writing as well as from our discussion made at this time.


    Have a look at my web blog web site ()

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reading