A Promise Kept......The Coopers Arms

So, In August I  gave you a promise that I would return to The Coopers Arms to show you their food. (You can find this promise on this blog post here.) It was tough but I took one for the team!

Mr M declared he was treating me to a date and we decided The Coopers Arms was the place to go.





The Coopers Arms is famed for it's amazing carvery, its the kind of carvery that kicks those soggy Yorkshire puddings and stuffing to the kerb along with tough meat. Everything is cooked from scratch, the meat literally melts in your mouth and the mashed potato is the best mashed potato I have ever eaten. However, with Mr M opting for that I thought, for the sake of diversity, that I really should have something different. I opted for the Pie of the Day, Steak and Cooper's Ale pie. Again, it was hard but I coped!


 If you should know anything about me it is my ridiculous love of pie (evidenced in the desperate attempt for pie when ill....) so when we ordered I got a little impatient. Cue "waiting for pie" face.




After a short wait (although at the time it felt like an eternity) it arrived!




Check out that buttery pastry goodness.


Hand cut, homemade chips. Pure perfection. Crispy and fluffy, all at the same time. Amazing.


Of course, then comes Mr M's carvery (its a serve yourself vegetables sort of affair).



I should state, for the sake of fairness, that some of that mashed potato was for me.......he's a good bean! 



D'you remember those chips?..............Ooof!




I was defeated.



He was not. 



We didn't have pudding because we were too stuffed but I would recommend you have one if you visit. They are stunning!

I couldn't do a post about The Coopers Arms without mentioning the staff. From the bar staff to the chefs, everyone is incredibly friendly. The waiting staff are always ready to bend over backwards to accommodate anything. The chefs are always willing to answer any questions about the food. Everyone is happy to chat, they are never too busy, even when they are too busy. The staff really help to make the place as brilliant as it is.

The food here is a that beautiful mix of homely comfort and exquisite cooking. I have never had a bad meal here (I have been going for 6 years). Everything is always cooked to perfection. I probably haven't done it justice to be honest, the food is always perfectly presented, something you just don't see with pie and carvery! But, if you need proof yourself, you're just going to have to go for yourself!! 

Comments

Popular Reading