The Nottingham Blogger Meet

On Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to attend a blogger meet in Nottingham. One of the things I want to get out of blogging is the opportunity to meet and get to know new people so Saturday was the perfect! It is without a doubt a major highlight of my blogging so far.

The meet was the perfect opportunity to meet other bloggers, chat, get to know each other a little better and swap tips.

It was arranged by Becka and Sophie at Zizzi's in Nottingham. I think it was a new experience for a few people so I wasn't alone in feeling nervous! With a lot of frantic tweeting (and some helpful OOTD photos posted on Twitter) the ice was well and truly broken by the time everyone sat down.




When we arrived we each had a goody bag sat waiting for us on our chairs and a surprise box on the table in front of us.



(I'll be reviewing some bits in another post...or two....!)


The meet was kicked off by a talk from Becky at Harlequin Cosmetics. Harlequin Cosmetics is a fairly small brand and also reasonably new. All of their products are made in the UK, are against animal testing and environmentally friendly. We got a chance to try a few of their products and they all smelt amazing!


The Sweetest Thing Soap


California Daze Body Butter


Simply Soap

We also got given a free sample of a body butter and a lip balm.


Becky did an amazing job at the meet - which was her first event - and I think that Harlequin Cosmetics have some great stuff! You can pop over to the website to find out more here.


Once the talk was over it was time for food!

 A bit of love for the pizza!


Close up.....oooff!


Everyone else chose to be ladylike and use knives and forks......


....I threw caution to the wind and got down and dirty with my hands!


We talked, we ate, we talked some more.

Unfortunately there wasn't much chance for a mingle because we were tightly packed into a corner so there was literally no room for movement!


However, I was sat with Frankie, Leah, Sally, Gemma and Ellie, and had a great time getting to chat with them. It was so good to be able to chat with other bloggers and to be able to take photos of my food without people looking at me as though I need sectioning!!


Once the eating was done Charmed Ivy, an online jewellery store, came to show us a few of their products.




I am so glad that I went to the meet. If you are contemplating going one; do it! Don't worry about being nervous if it's your first, plenty of others there will be feeling exactly the same. I think it's safe to say that most bloggers are as lovely in real life as they seem online.


I had such a good time and can't wait to go to my next one......when I figure out when another one is!!

Comments

  1. Thats a lovely review of the day! Im glad you got some good photos, it really was such a good day,
    Was lovely to meet you, hopefully see you at another meet up soon,
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It was great to meet you too :) Hopefully see you again soon!

      B x

      Delete
  2. Hi, it's Becky from Harlequin Cosmetics! Thank you for the lovely words, it was a pleasure meeting you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's more than ok, you're products were lovely...I can't get over the smell of the Lemon shower gel! It smelt amazing!!!

      B x

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a lovely day, i can't imagine I would be brave enough to go on my own. And it was nice to meet you even if we didn't get to talk much ( I was sat next to Leah!)

    Hannah
    X
    Daintyandivory.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah! I couldn't find your name anywhere! (I am pants at searching obviously!)

    It was good to meet you....I think everyone was nervous! I felt like a right dweeb walking in on my own!!

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reading