An Adventure in Paris, fin.


All too quickly our last day in the beautiful city of lights arrived. After walking 45 miles in 3 days our feet weren’t up to much walking. If you ever go to Paris take and wear the most comfortable shoes you own. You'd be surprised at what footwear you see the Parisian's wearing so don't worry that your feet won't look Paris pretty. 












Earlier in the trip Mr M had spotted a river taxi that toured around the main sights of the city, we had a few hours to kill before we needed to head back to the airport so we settled ourselves down and let the boat do the walking for us. For around 15 euros you can get an all day ticket that you can use as many times as you like at any of the 6 stops on the tour. Definitely a nice alternative to travelling on the metro. 

We whiled away some time lazily rolling past the sights of Paris before having one last wander through the street and shops, falling upon a chocolatier, you know just a small one - Michel Cluizel with chocolate pouring down the wall - literally. 





I have fallen head over heels in love with Paris, so much so our trip back is already booked. Next time we’ll be staying in the 5th Arr. Right next to the Jardin de Luxembourg. Our hotel for this visit was brilliant and we couldn’t have asked for a nicer, cleaner room, a better view or friendlier staff. It was a perfect hotel the only problem we found was the distance from the real centre of Paris. Being in the 15th Arr. It was a real trek to get anywhere. However if you don’t mind being a little further out I would more than recommend the Val Girard



Comments

  1. I LOVE Paris and it looks like you had amazing weather for exploring :) I remember the first time I went all I did was walk! I've never done the river taxi or a river tour for that fact, I shall add that to my list. Looks like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon :) (Also that chocolatier is amazing and I definitely spent A LOT of money there last time) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this was the best day we had....and we spent the day hopping in and out of the rain. I wasn't totally pro the water taxi at first down to the fact that I can get really seasick! But I'd definitely recommend it! So did we...I'd love to install one of these in my house!!

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reading