How to dress like a Parisian


One can never be over dressed or over educated. - Oscar Wilde








When in Paris, do as the Parisians, right?

There was a distinct determination that I was going to make the most of being in Paris. Being one of the fashion capitals of the world I wanted to do it justice and I decided that the only way to do it was to dress like a Parisian in red heels and a skirt full of stripes. In fact the majority of the clothes I took and wore were doused in white and navy/black stripes.

The skirt is a Topshop skirt (close - considerably cheaper - alternative), and the shoes are Kurt Gieger (a present from Mr M, thank you sweetheart!). The shoes are surprisingly comfortable. I managed to walk about 4 miles in them before my feet started to grumble. 

I felt a little bit Bradshaw wearing this outfit and I won’t lie, a little bit out of place too. Turns out that when wandering around the streets nestled next to the Eiffel tower you’re more likely to see tourists wearing leggings and Nike trainers, and Parisian’s wearing running gear. But to hell with it. What is life if you can’t dress for an occasion and what is Paris if not an occasion?!


Despite having to remind myself that there is no such thing as over dressed I felt suitably French in this outfit and will be wearing it when we go again later this year. 


Comments

  1. OMG I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!! They completely make the outfit and definitely tres Parisian! Wow 4 miles in heels is pretty impressive, I'd definitely be in the Nikes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love them so much. I'm not quite sure how I made the 4 miles! Next time I'll be wearing Go Walk Sketchers.....memory foam shoes are the way to go!! ;-)

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reading